Monday, February 11, 2008

Kazu Makino

Often when I'm listening to a band I really like,  I seek out pictures of them (from flickr or where-ever), usually to see whether their clothing style is as good as their music. Often this can lead to me being incredibly disappointed (Sia, I'm looking at you!), but sometimes it can lead to such gems as Kazu Makino from Blonde Redhead.


Aside from being a kick-ass musician, this girl also has some awesome style going down. She seems to wear dresses onstage quite a lot, interspersed with slouchy shorts-and-top combos. Satin/lace/sheer fabrics make repeated appearances, as do delicate detailing like tiny buttons and embroidery. 

However most importantly, she rocks all the above in a feminine yet not girl-ish way, which makes her a girl after my own heart! for i love all that is a hard/soft mix.

Her dreamy aesthetic is, for me, summed up by Blonde Redhead's vid for their song 23 off the album of the same name- go here now!

All pics from Flickr

No comments: